Saturday, April 30, 2011

Gone Fishing !

Matthew 4:18,19 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
Then He said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

I like to fish. I guess it's the thrill of pulling my line out of the water to see what is on the hook. I have caught little bream, redears, and a few surprises. On Monday, I caught a small channel catfish when I thought I was going after a bream. When fishing for men, you never know what response you will get until you try. I have only had 2 rejections in the past weeks. Most have taken a tract. I had two men thank me for giving them one, one who said that he was not a Christian.It is fishing time all year round for those who are saved. When we catch fish,we are taking them from life to death. When we catch men, God takes them from death to life.
C.Sumner Wemp said " If you are not fishing, you are not following." When we follow Jesus, we want to fish for men. Christians reproduce Christians. We want others to know the joy we have. I told a man at a drive thru window once that I had something that was contagious
called old time religion. Are you being contagious with what you have ? Are you fishing ?

No comments:

Post a Comment