Monday, July 2, 2012

This Week In Witnessing (6/24- 6/29)

Monday - At the I-20 NowSave, I gave a tract to Anthony. He was in a halfway house. He was going back to south Louisiana when he got out. He said that he didn't know where he was going when he died. Dan also received a tract. I gave a Trivia Del Futbol tract to Fernando, Arturo, and Hosea at Walmart on lunch. I talked with Nick and Jamichael, too. I challenged Jamichael to read Romans 10. After work, I gave another Trivia Del Futbol tract to Spanish man who was on his phone while walking into Walmart.

Tuesday - After work, I did what I call a Walmart walk-about. I talked with Hosea and gave him a Spanish tract. Two employees, Dexter and Andre, received the Are You A Good Person tract. Dexter remembered getting a Mancard several months ago. Keontae, another employee, said that he was a Christian.

Wednesday - Walmart has been my hot spot for witnessing this week. I gave a tract to Shon by the laundry soap. I spoke with Ryan while giving him a tract. At the checkout, I asked Luke about the tattoo on his arm. It was "I am my beloved's and He is mine" in Hebrew. He said that he had it because he is a Christian. I am trying to use more things like the tattoo to start conversations with people.

Thursday - I took a vacation day to take my wife to a doctor appointment. While we we there, a man named Marshall sat beside me. We talked about the number of people that were there. He talked about lot of people being in Chicago at a certain place. He said that is was enough people three where you could probably step on to get to Heaven. This opened up a brief conversation. I gave a tract to him and his lady friend. I placed several tracts around the clinic. I spoke with Allen, a Spanish man that had fractured his foot when he fell through a roof. I found out that he was a Christian who listens to some of the same Spanish Christian music that I listen to. At the Dollar General, I asked a man about the barcode tattoo that he had on his neck. He said that it was just a tattoo. He took a Are You A Good Person tract.

Friday - Alfredo and his friend received a Trivia Del Futbol tract after getting breakfast at the I-20 NowSave. After work, I gave one to Fernando at Walmart.

Saturday - Walking into Walmart that afternoon, I gave 2 Trivia Del Futbol tracts to a Spanish couple. Inside, after handing a man a tract, he said that was from Heaven, was a lone star, and from one race. He said that he didn't have time to talk. You will meet all kinds of people when out witnessing. You never know what to expect sometimes.
Steve Sanchez met this guy while witnessing at Venice Beach in California:

http://stonethepreacher.com/2012/06/28/whistlers-mothers-great-great-great-grandson.html

We have to be patient when dealing with those who aren't saved.
The fruit of the Spirit should be in operation in our lives at all times.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. (Galatians 5:22, 23 KJV)
Will someone see Jesus in you this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment