Monday, August 25, 2014

The 10 Foot Rule

When I worked at Walmart several years ago, I was taught the "10 Foot Rule" in my training. To quote Sam Walton - "... I want you to promise that whenever you come within 10 feet of a customer, you will look him in the eye, greet him and ask him if you can help him." I practiced it then and I do it now in witnessing or acknowledging someone that in near. 
On your next trip to Walmart, see if the "10 Foot Rule" is put into practice. Most likely you will be disappointed. Employees and even managers don't even bother to greet anyone. I try to get a manager's  attention when  they just walk on by without smiling or acknowledging that I'm in the vicinity. I want to ask if they know what the "10 Foot Rule" is! 
Try it the next time you are out witnessing. Give a tract to people who are in 10 feet of your reach. Some people  appreciate the fact that you took time to hand them a tract! I had one man look at me like I was crazy! He had probably never received a tract before. The more you do this, the more you may give tracts out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment