Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Monroe - West Monroe Mardi Gras Parade - February 7, 2015

We had a great night of giving out tracts at the Monroe-West Monroe Mardi Gras parade. Bro. Charles, Bro. Lance, Braylyn (my oldest son), and I were present for this event. Last year we gave out around 1500 tracts. This year was around 1700 - 1800. The parade was to start at 6pm. We began at 4:15pm. We mainly used the "What Happens After #YOLO?" tract from Bezeugen ministries. It was well received with only a few people rejecting tracts. One woman said that she had already received a YOLO tract somewhere else! A lot of young people said "YOLO" when they saw the tract. Bro, Lance and Bro. Charles walked down one side of Louisville, Ave. while Braylyn and I took the other. We were out there for about 2 1/2 hours. I saw Earl, whose wedding I was best man in. He was  with another friend who I know from my party days. I saw several other people that I knew and a few customers from the optical that I work at. Bro. Charles and Bro. Lance talked with a Mormon. We talked with Brandon, who was drunk. At first, he gave the tract back. Then, he took it back and put it in his wallet. I took Jacob through three of the commandments. He admitted his guilt, but holds to the idea that therd are many ways to Heaven. Steve told me that he was Catholic and followed rules. He took the tract that Chris rejected. Chris appreciated me talking with him, but said that he wasn't changing. I was able to give out 5 of the Spanish YOLO tracts. This is one of our largest events of each year.  Please pray for the seeds that were sown! 

No comments:

Post a Comment