Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Seven Rules For Daily Living
I heard Todd Friel talk about this on Way Of The Master Radio. I found the list from www.wholesomewords.org :
The following rules for daily living were made by Dr. Goforth in 1894 and written on the fly-leaf of his Bible:
1. Seek to give much—expect nothing.
2. Put the very best construction on the actions of others.
3. Never let a day pass without at least a quarter of an hour spent in the study of the Bible.
4. Never omit daily morning and evening private prayer and devotion.
5. In all things seek to know God's Will and when known obey at any cost.
6. Seek to cultivate a quiet prayerful spirit.
7. Seek each day to do or say something to further Christianity among the heathen.