Friday, November 25, 2011

Evangelism Update - November 25, 2011

But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. (Jude 1:17-23 KJV)

We had a revival at our church (Sterlington Holiness Tabernacle) a few weeks ago with Bro. Shawn Stephens who pastors in Kentucky. The messages that were preached challenged us. He and his sons blessed us with the songs they sung and played. We picked up John for most of the services. He is one of the homeless men that we talked to the last time we preached at Walmart. Please pray for the Lord to meet some needs for him.
I have been witnessing when I can. Here are some names of a few Spanish men that I have talked to : Julio, Catalina, and Nicolas. One night at Walmart I gave tracts to seven.
Bro. Day and I went to Claiborne Parish Detention Center on Wednesday night. There was at least fifty men in the service. I talked with Jose who was bilingual. Rakeen prayed for salvation at the end of the service ! Hallelujah !! This is what it is all about ! We do have several pray from time to time. Some come to just play the part, but you can tell who is really sincere. It is really evident when the tears flow. One of the men who has really been saved was sent to a half-way house in Baton Rouge. He even wrote a tract ! We are praying that God will use him there as he prepares to get out. The in-house pastor has gone, also, after serving his time. A new pastor has been appointed to replace him. At Walmart tonight, I ran into a Sacred Name believer that I have talked to before. He is always argumentative. He is one of those who believes that God's name is Yahweh only. This religion basically goes back to Judaism, keeping the Sabbath on Saturday and denying that Jesus is God, the second person of the Trinity.
I try to get away from him as soon as he starts his talk. Please pray that he will realize the truth before it's too late. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life ( John 14:6 ) ! I heard that he used to to be a oneness Pentecostal. While he was talking with me, I gave a tract to a Spanish man. That was my goal before I ran into him. Have a great soul-winning week !

No comments:

Post a Comment