Sunday, November 27, 2011

Reflections Of Thanksgiving

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, (Psalm 92:1, 2 KJV)

At Thanksgiving time in America, we reflect on what we are thankful for. As Christians, we should be thankful at all times. We have been saved through the shed blood of Jesus ! We have been given the privilege to share our faith in Him ! Thanksgiving day has come and gone, but we can be thankful all year long. I am thankful for the opportunity to share my faith. I am thankful that I can even blog about my faith and the experiences that I have in doing so with my fellow laborers in the gospel. I am thankful to be alive ! As I posted a few months back,I wrecked my truck in a drunken state on New Year's morning in 1993. I was saved two months later. The Lord is so good ! I will post more about that night when the new year comes around. I am thankful for my wife, my three children, my family, my church, my pastor, my friends, my job, and my boss. Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to read our blog entries. We pray that we will continue to encourage you in witnessing. There are so many that aren't saved ! Let's be thankful for being able to proclaim the the name of Jesus ! I will leave you with this illustration I used in the message I preached at our church tonight :

Roland Allen tells about a veteran missionary who came up to him one day after he had delivered his sermon. The missionary introduced himself & said, "I was a medical missionary for many years in India. And I served in a region where there was progressive blindness. People were born with healthy vision, but there was something in that area that caused people to lose their sight as they grew older."

But this missionary had developed a treatment which would stop progressive blindness. So people came to him & he performed his treatment, & they would leave realizing that they would have become completely blind, but because of him their sight had been saved.

He said that they never said, "Thank you," because that phrase was not in their dialect. Instead, they spoke a word that meant, "I will tell your name." Wherever they went, they would tell the name of the missionary who had cured their blindness. They had received something so wonderful that they eagerly proclaimed it.
God bless !

No comments:

Post a Comment