Thursday, September 3, 2015

Witnessing To Homosexuals

Do you think homosexuals are hard to witness to? Fear often tries to motivate us not to share our faith with them, but they are just like the atheist or the cult member - lost without God's son. They are in need of forgiveness of sins just like the one who is addicted to drugs or alcohol. Ray Comfort, the executive producer and writer of Audacity posted this on Facebook on July 29, 2013

How to Witness to Homosexuals


Homosexuality is a hot issue. Open your mouth against it nowadays, no matter how casually or even lovingly, and you will almost certainly be accused of using “hate speech.” There is, however, a way around this for the Christian.

When I meet a homosexual, I never talk about his sexual orientation. This is because I care about him and want to share the gospel, and I don’t want him to be offended before I do that. So I witness to him the way I witness to any heterosexual. I ask if he thinks he’s a good person. When he predictably says that he is, I take him through the Ten Commandments—has he lied, stolen, and blasphemed God’s name? When I ask about lust (see Matthew 5:27-28), I don’t mention gender. After seeing his transgressions in the light of God’s Law he will understand his guilt—and that he’s headed for Hell and desperately in need of the Savior.

Before he saw his sin, he was proud and self-righteous, but now he’s humble of heart. That means he is able to be reasoned with, without being defensive. So I tell him that to be saved he must repent of all sin and trust alone in Jesus. I then show him what “sin” is, by referring to 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (which lists those who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven): “Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.” I gently tell him that if he has a problem with the list, he should take it up with God, because it’s His list.

Is it biblical to use the moral Law (the Ten Commandments) when speaking with homosexuals? It certainly is: “But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for…fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine” (1Timothy 1:8-10).

For further teaching on biblical evangelism please freely listen to “Hell’s Best Kept Secret” on www.livingwaters.com


Being argumentative won't win them to the Lord. We must be gentle, yet tell them the truth in love. I have given out tracts to several homosexuals. Prayerfully, they read them and thonk about the condition of their souls. I talked with Travis one night at Walmart. After taking him through the commandments, I discovered that he was gay. I asked him to think about the things we talked about. He didn't get irrate or punch me! Let's not forget about homosexuals. They need salvation, too. Watch Audacity to see how Ray witnesses to them. I believe this movie will inspire you! I have the link to it on the post before this one. Pray  that God will give you divine appointments! Let's reach our world forJesus!  


No comments:

Post a Comment