Monday, September 10, 2012

Evangelism Update - Sept. 8 and 10, 2012



 Evangelism Update - Sept. 8 and 10, 2012

We went out for two hours on Friday night to the Tsunami. Bro. JT, Bro. Garan, Bro. Charles, and Bro. JJ were on hand to witness. There were a few bands playing. We didn't preach, but we got to talk to several people. A few patrons yelled at us from the porch of the club. Will, who we talked to last time, was trying to convince us that he was ok. He is very prideful. John told us that he asked for forgiveness every night. He didn't comprehend the born-again experience. He cried when he talked about his father. His girlfriend, Julia, asked for prayer. Bro. Charles, Bro. Garan, and Bro. JT prayed with her. Rod had seen a preacher that lived in hypocrisy. He had his girlfriend on the phone as he talked with him. I gave him the blog address and contact info. He said that he would like to come to church. Jerry played in the same band that John was in. He goes to church with a man that I know. One man stopped as he was passing by. He recognized Bro.  Garan. Bro. JT and Bro. Garan talked with him for a little while. Eric, who had yelled at us from the porch earlier, came over to talk to us. Bro. JT had went to school with him. He calmed down as he spoke with everyone. Please pray all these that we spoke to.

On the way to work, I listened to another stirring message by Keith Daniel. The title is "Open Your Eyes!"
Here is a link: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=20921&commentView=itemComments
As I was listening, I was going to Starbucks. I didn't have a lot of time to wait there. I decided to go to the Now-Save by the interstate( one of my favorite spots to witness). I gave an Are You Ready? tract to Ron as he was pumping his gas. He said that he hoped to go to heaven. I asked him to read Romans 10 and 1 John 5 when he got home. As I was going on the store, a man held the door open. I gave him a  Get Out of Hell Free tract. He said that he was saved. As we talked, he asked if I had been to Union Parish Detention Center in Farmerville.
He had been in there over 8 years ago when we went there for ministry. He remembered my testimony! His name is Mack. I gave a tract to Richard Thomas as I was leaving. I told him that my first name was Richard.(My full name is Richard Scott Thompson.)he said that he knew that he was saved.
On the way home from work, I did a Walmart walk-about in the Monroe store. All I needed was a gift card. I gave a tract to a man that had a six pack of beer in one hand. He gladly took it. I gave tracts to Courtney, Rico, and Terry. Terry was reading his in the foyer when I was leaving!
Time is short and laborers are few! It is time for the church to shine out the light as the darkness increases! We can be soul-winners in this last hour! Don't let the fear of man keep you from witnessing! Ask God for boldness to talk to people about their souls! He will answer your prayer!










2 comments:

  1. Praying for you brother and praying God brings forth fruit from your labors for His glory. He saves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bro.! We must keep on the firing line! So many are lost!

    ReplyDelete