Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Night Evangelism - 8/17/12

We had a great time witnessing at the Tsunami and the Hookin' Bull this night! Bro. JT, Bro. Charles, Bro. Donnie, and I met up at Walmart around 9:30. We hit a Cracker Barrel convenience store first. Bro. Charles gave a tract to the cashier. Bro. Donnie put tracts in the free papers. Bro. JT and I put tracts in the Gospel tract slots of the beer cases.
When we got to the bars, I felt liberty to preach to those who were on the outside. Some started the usual mocking. After preaching, I tagged Bro. JT. He preached for a while. Bro. Charles and Bro. Donnie took a turn each at holding the cross. This was the
first time for Bro. Donnie (who is 71 years old) to do any street witnessing. Bro. Charles had went with us to the fireworks in July. We talked with a young man named Will who told his friends that he knew the Bible better than we did. He said that he "believed" , but he tried to justify his sin. He even claimed that he went to church on Wednesdays. When I started to tell him my testimony, he said that he remembered me telling him this about 6 months ago. I looked back on my prayer list that I have in my phone notes and saw where we had talked to a Will over a year ago. Bro. Charles went across the street to give a woman a tract. She had been listening to the preaching. She said that she was a Christian. Dustin told Bro. JT that he was an alcoholic. He admitted that he needed help. He asked us to pray with him there on the spot. Kenny told Bro. Charles and I that he was Job. He didn't mind cussing, saying that it was his freedom of speech. He was very drunk. Charles came over to ask Bro. Donnie about the cross. He said that he was working in Pine Bluff, Ark. and didn't have time for church. He seemed to be respectful toward us. As we left the street, the hecklers told us goodbye. We plan on going back on September the 7th and maybe the 8th also for a Alex Marley concert. When we got back to the Walmart parking lot, Bro. JT and I went in to put tracts in beer cases. I gave a tract to a man that hasn't been to church in a while. He said that he was thankful that I talked with him. It got him to thinking.

People aren't thinking about eternity. We have to bring it to the forefront of their minds so they can turn to the Lord with their heart. I talked to Brad at Walmart one day this week. I took him through 3 of the commandments. He said that he never thought about it like that. We have to talk with people to see where they are at. Then, we witness to them. We must challenge them to look to our Savior to be saved.
If you are in a comfort zone, step out and step up in obeying the great commission. Time is short, but eternity is long. Do you want anyone to suffer the torments of hell forever? Let's rescue the perishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment